Soy-based ink benefits ;
- Lower levels of volatile organic compounds than ink made from petroleum, meaning less harmful toxins emitted.
- Produces brighter and sharper colours because of the innate clearness of the soy bean oil.
- Makes paper easier to recycle because it's easier to remove in the de-inking process.
- Prices are comparable to those of petroleum based ink, but less soy-based ink is needed per print job and it reduces paper waste, so you are actually saving money.
- Soy beans only use about 0.5 percent of the total energy that is needed to create the ink.
- About one quarter of commercial printers in the US operate using soy ink.
- When soy ink reaches its full potential, it will consume 457 million pounds of soy bean oil per year.
Source - Management / MIM.